1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory. (Isaiah 45:5-7; 1 Corinthians 8:4; Genesis 1; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 1:11)
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches (from the literal 6 days of creation in Genesis to the formation of a new Heaven and a new Earth yet to come in Revelation), obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
(2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Peter 1:3)
THE HUMAN CONDITION
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God and under His wrath to come. Only through God's grace and saving work through Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
(Genesis 2:7, 15-25, 3:1-7; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23, 5:10-12; Ephesians 1:7, John 3:15-17)
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures, Jesus--Israel's promised Messiah--was conceived through the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father, as our High Priest and Advocate.
(John 10:30; 14:9-11; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23-25; Luke 1:26-35; Romans 3:24-25; Matthew 28:6; Romans 8:34)
THE WORK OF CHRIST
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation. (John 19-20; Isaiah 53:5-6; Romans 5:8 & 10:9-10)
THE HOLY SPIRIT
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God, he also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
(John 14:26; Ephesians 1:13; 2 Timothy 1:14; Titus 3:5)
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
(Ephesians 5:23-27; Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Corinthians 11:17-33; Philippians 2:1-4; Revelation 22:16)
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from his sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God's Word the Spirit's power, and fervent prayer in Christ's name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ's commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
(Romans 5:17; Matthew 22:36-38; 1 Thessalonians 4:18)
9. We believe God created man and woman, and these two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. He gave the gift of marriage, an institution of exclusive union, to one man and one woman together, for those that choose to accept the gift.
(Hebrews 13:4; Genesis 2:18, 24)
10. We believe in the personal, bodily and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, is imminent and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
(Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-5:4; Revelation 20)
RESPONSE AND ETERNAL DESTINY
11. We believe that God commands everyone to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace.
(2 Thessalonians 1:6-12)